5 Reasons it’s a Good Idea to use a Professional for your Tax Return
It’s nearing that time again…the end of the financial year. For most people, filing their tax return is one of those things that just keeps getting put off. At McFillin and Partners, we really know tax, which means you don’t have to. Trust us with your tax return this year so you can have more time to focus on doing the things you love, while reaping all the benefits you’re entitled to. Here are our top 5 reasons why it’s a good idea to use a professional for your tax return.
- Online tax returns might seem like the quick and convenient option, but you’re guaranteed not to get everything you’re entitled to. You could be missing out on deductions that you’re entitled to claim. For example, did you know that sunscreen is tax deductible if your job requires you to work outside often? It’s just one of dozens of deductions you could be eligible to claim.
- In the same vein, you could very well be claiming deductions you’re not entitled to. Clients often fail to realise that with self-assessed tax, they may be able to claim something, but if they are ever audited down the track and the expense is found to be unallowable, they can face serious penalties and interest.
- A recent survey found that one third of trustees of self-managed super funds who do not use an accountant are making mistakes in their tax returns.
- At McFillin & Partners, our knowledge is unrivalled. We’re up to date with the latest tax rules and regulations, so you can be sure we know what to do and how to do it.
- You also have until May 15th of the following year to lodge your tax return, and what’s more is that your accounting fees are completely tax deductible.
Your tax requirements can be complex and ever changing. Each year, new regulations are introduced and changes are made that could have a positive or negative effect on your business and personal needs.
That is why you need a team of leading Brisbane accountants you can trust to take care of your interests. Whether your tax return is simple or complex, McFillin and Partners can help.
You can contact us online or call our team on 07 3263 7030 today!